This self adhesive bio-degradable tape creates a water proof covering for the bud. It is easy to use as the rolls are perforated which speeds up the grafting process as no cutting is necessary. The unique properties of Buddy Tape include:
- ELASTICITY: Buddy Tape can be stretched up to 8 times its original length. This allows small pieces to be used for the application and ensures a tight grip on the bud or graft. Elasticity also means that the tape expands as the plant grows.
- SELF-ADHESION: Buddy Tape is not adhesive in its normal form but becomes self-adhesive when stretched. This allows quick application with no need for tying knots.
- WATER-PROOFING: The film has a wax content to keep it waterproof, so the bud or graft will not dry out, but air can pass through the permeable tape allowing the bud to breathe. The wax content also means that use of Buddy Tape can eliminate the need for waxing in covered areas.
- COMPLETE BUD COVER: Buddy Tape is pierced by the bud as it begins to grow, and because the permeable nature of the material allows the bud to breathe, the bud can be completely covered. This offers protection from infection and insects.
- BIODEGRADABILITY: The tape biodegrades naturally in exposure to sunlight, eliminating labour costs necessary to cut away standard tapes after use, providing an environmentally responsible answer to the problem of waste.Buddy Tape biodegrades in 5 to 6 months, eliminating the need for tape removal. In order to fully utilise the unique characteristics of buddy tape, we recommend that it is stretched gradually as it is applied. Although there is a natural tendency to stretch the film to full length and then simply wrap it around, this can cause the tape to become stringy which means the tape may cut into growing plants.
||Either 70mm or None